Oh yeah, you read the title right.
Amanda at ACourtofBooksandLove and Chelsea at AVeryBookishGirl and I have come up with a readathon that will go the whole month of August!
Here’s the Twitter for you to follow real quick! – @readathin!
So the readathon is called ReadAThin and is all about thinning down your long ass TBR list! You all know you have one.
The point is to kind of read books that you’ve had sitting around for a while and read them! You know all those random books you’ve bought off of BookOutlet and haven’t got around to them? This is the perfect ReadAThon to participate in and read them!
Since it’s the whole month of August it’s all really laid back and you can totally combine it with other readathons this month, like @unhaulathon! I plan on participating in both, so you totally should too!
Rules and Challenges!
- You will have the entire month to read these books.
- The goal is to complete 6 challenges!
- You can double up on challenges. In other words, you can use one book for two different challenges!
- So you only have to read 3 books in a month to completely finish the readathon! Easy!
- Read a 2017 release
- Read a book that is the same color (or a similar color) as your birthstone
- Read a diverse book
- Read a book with a title or author with the same first letter as the first letter in your first name (the words “a” and “the” don’t count)
- Read a book that is related to your favorite emoji
- Read a book starting with a letter from TBR (the word “the” doesn’t count)
- Read a book with a summer themed cover
- Read a book with a warm colored cover (orange, red, yellow, brown)
- Start and finish a series
- Read a book in 24 hours
- Read a new to you author
- Book with water on the cover
- Read a book set in summer
- Buddy read a book
- Read a book recommended to you by someone in the book community
- Read a guilty pleasure read
- Read an adult/new adult book
- Read a book outside of your favorite genre
Super Exciting, right?!
Be on the lookout for our TBR Lists soon!
We all would love to see your TBR Lists, so make sure to tag us!
You can totally do this on any platform too!
Twitter, Instagram, Blog, Goodreads, ANYTHING!
We are really excited for this to start!
Be sure to ask us anything if you have questions!
Follow us to participate in reading sprints!
I read ten times more when I participate in a readathon, so if you’ve never participated in one, I highly encourage it!
The plan is to do this once a quarter!
THANKS SO MUCH!