I completed another readathon!
Let’s see how I did!
1. Swap a book with a buddy (either use the google form linked above to request a buddy, find your own buddy online or in person)
- For this I am Swapping with Amanda at ACourtofBooksandLove! She has sent me Fruit Baskets!
2. Swap a book at a thrift store or library (donate a book and bring home another)
- I went on a journey to three Little Free Libraries near me. I posted about the journey on Instagram if you want to see more. But I came back with The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan. I have loved everything else that I read by him, so I’m excited to use this book to fulfill this challenge!
3. Read a book you swapped out for another book (one you set down because another book caught your interest)
- Okay, so this is kind of controversial. But I’m setting down Crooked Kingdom to read The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli. I’m not giving up on Crooked Kingdom, I love the characters to much for that. I’m just not in a adventure fantasy mood. So bring on more contemporary reads!
4. Swap out format (if you normally read paperbacks, listen to an audiobook.)
- I usually read Paperbacks/Hardcovers. So I will be switching to an e-book to read Ruckus by JL Shen!
5. Swap out genre (get out of your comfort zone!)
- I’m going to be reading the Manga, Fruit Baskets, that Amanda sends me. Which is also a genre that I’ve never read. But I’m excited to try it out!
Challenges Completed: 4 out of 5!
Books completed: 3 out of 4!
Pages read: Ruckus at 498 pages + Fruits Baskets at 400 pages + Upside at 336 pages = 1,234 Total Pages!
-So all in all, this readathon went really well! I loved the book swap aspect.
I also loved going to the different Little Free Libraries around to find a book to read. That was a fun aspect of this readathon!
I didn’t get to the Rick Riordan book, so that was kind of disappointing.
– Be sure to keep a lookout for mini reviews of these three books in my June Wrap-Up!