Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly tag created by Lainey (Gingerreadslainey on Youtube) over on Goodreads and now being hosted by Sam from Thoughts on Tomes. Every week book lovers write/talk about their particular Top 5 for a topic and post it on blogs and YouTube. Feel free to check out the Goodreads page and join in!
June 21st: Favorite “Unlikeable” Protagonists
— People always tear down “unlikeable” protagonists. But tell us the ones you pulled for!
- Feyre from ACOTAR. Some people hate her and hate reading from her perspective. Those are the people that are reading the books just for Rhysand, which is totally okay. I mean at some points I was only reading the series for Az. But I love Feyre and was always routing for her.
- Eadlyn from the last two Selection books. A lot of people didn’t even read The Crown because of her. But I loved her and her character arc.
- Bella from the Twilight books. I think we all had a love/hate relationship with her. I wanted everything to work out for her. Her main problem was Edward in my opinion.
- Auburn from Confess by Colleen Hoover. I read plenty of reviews that say how people couldn’t connect with her and many other things. But I love Auburn. Confess is my favorite CoHo book still. I always wanted Auburn to have a good ending from page one.
- Ilsa from Ilsa and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins. When this book first came out, everyone on BookTube hated Ilsa. They kept saying how she was obsessed with Josh before their relationship started and the conflict that she created was stupid. But Honestly. Ilsa is my favorite book of the three. I loved it to pieces. I want to reread it soon also.
That’s it for today! Can’t wait to read your T5W’s and hear your opinions!