Welcome to the Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag!
I saw Emmmabooks on YouTube do this tag recently and wanted to try it out here!
Be sure to check out her video answering these questions, and of course check out the creator’s video too!
Creator – ReadLikeWildfire
1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2017.
Geekerella by Ashley Poston or The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas.
Both are such great reads for totally different reasons.
2. Best sequel you’ve read so far in 2017.
The Dream Thieves by Maggie Steifvater. My favorite in the series, honestly.
(It’s the only sequel I’ve read this year, but it’s still amazing.)
3. New release you haven’t read yet, but want to.
When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon.
This book looks like it’s going to be super adorable.
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab. This Savage Song was so good.
5. Biggest disappointment.
Paper Princess by Erin Watt. Everyone was raving about this series. I just didn’t like it. And the ending made me so mad that I still haven’t continued with the series.
6. Biggest surprise.
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon.
I didn’t expect such a dumb plot twist at the end. It was kind of a bummer.
7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you)
Angie Thomas and Jessica Parks.
If you haven’t read The Hate U Give yet, please please please do.
8. Newest fictional crush.
Dax from By Your Side by Kasie West. He was such a good character.
-Honestly it would be Ronan, but Ronan isn’t a fan of lamps. So. Boo.
9. Newest favourite character.
Ronan Lynch from The Raven Cycle. I love him. I love his quotable lines. I just want all sorts of prints with him on it.
10. Book that made you cry.
180 Seconds by Jessica Park. I was not expecting this NA book to go to such deep emotional places at all.
11. Book that made you happy.
Geekerella by Ashley Poston.
12. Favourite book to film adaptation you saw this year.
I’ve only watched Everything, Everything so far. It was a pretty good movie.
13. Favourite review you’ve written this year.
I’m a weirdo book blogger that doesn’t actually write reviews. Oops.
14. Most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year (or received)
The Hufflepuff House Edition of the 20th Anniversary House Editions of Harry Potter.
15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year
Uhm. A Lot. I have lots planned. Reading all of the books.
If you readers have not done this tag before, you should definitely try it out!
Can’t wait to see your answers! 🙂