This month I plan on doing two different reading challenges! Emojiathon and BookSwapathon! All of the links are in the different sections below! Let’s just jump into it! I have a full bullet list of what I plan to read at the end!
There are about 15 challenges. The goal is to complete 4 challenges. I have picked out 5, in hopes that I can complete 4 of them! Click here to see the whole list of challenges! Good luck if plan on participating!
Baby Emoji – Read A Book that has been released in 2016/2017
– I have picked Sad Perfect by Stephanie Elliot. This was on my TBR for May. I didn’t get it around to it. It just came out in April, and I’m excited to get to it in June!
Annoyed Face – Read a book that you’re annoyed you haven’t read yet!
– For this I am going to try to read Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda. It has been on my TBR posts for the last two months. I just need to read it already!
Red Heart – Read a romance/contemporary!
– I plan to read What I Thought was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick. This was on my T5W of summer reads. It’ll also be my last Huntley Fitzpatrick book to get through.
Plane Emoji – Read a book that takes place in another country!
– Summer Days and Summer Nights, The 12 Short Stories collection is what I am planning for this one. I wasn’t sure if any of the stories took place outside the USA, but I’m hoping so!
Candy Emoji – Guilty Pleasure Read!
– For this, I plan to read Cheater’s Regret by Rachel Van Dyken. It’s the sequel/compainion book to Cheater and I can’t wait to get to it!
So those are the 5 challenges that I’m going to try to get too in June! Let me know in the comments if you plan on participating! And what challenges you’re doing!
1. Swap a book with a buddy (either use the google form linked above to request a buddy, find your own buddy online or in person)
- For this I am Swapping with Amanda at ACourtofBooksandLove! She is going to be sending me Fruit Baskets or Orange Volume 1.
2. Swap a book at a thrift store or library (donate a book and bring home another)
- I went on a journey to three Little Free Libraries near me. I posted about the journey on Instagram if you want to see more. But I came back with The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan. I have loved everything else that I read by him, so I’m excited to use this book to fulfill this challenge!
3. Read a book you swapped out for another book (one you set down because another book caught your interest)
- Okay, so this is kind of controversial. But I’m setting down Crooked Kingdom to read The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli. I’m not giving up on Crooked Kingdom, I love the characters to much for that. I’m just not in a adventure fantasy mood. So bring on more contemporary reads!
4. Swap out format (if you normally read paperbacks, listen to an audiobook.)
- I usually read Paperbacks/Hardcovers. So I will be switching to an e-book to read Cheater’s Regret by Rachel Van Dyken or Ruckus by JL Shen!
5. Swap out genre (get out of your comfort zone!)
- I’m going to be reading the Manga, Orange Volume 1, that Amanda sends me. Which is also a genre that I’ve never read. But I’m excited to try it out!
So all in all, here is the shortened list of books I want to read in June!
- Sad Perfect by Stephanie Elliot
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- What I thought was True by Huntley fitzpatrick
- Summer Days and Summer Nights Edited by Stephanie Perkins
- Cheater’s Regret by Rachel Van Dyken
- Orange Volume 1
- The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan
- The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli
- Ruckus by JL Shen
Yep, that’s nine books! I’m excited. But I doubt that I will get to all of them. But we shall see in my wrap-up! I will be doing a wrap-up post for the BookSwapAthon once it ends as well! Wish me luck!