Jackie at TooMuchOfABookNerd started a new weekly post called Fierce Fangirl Friday. Check out her original post here – it’s great, btw – Link!
Check out my post from last week! – here!
Be sure to join in!
This week I want to talk about the musicals that I’m loving at the moment!
Usually, I only like one or two songs from musicals. But these are the ones that I love the whole entire soundtrack off!
DEAR EVAN HANSEN
– I’ve talked about this musical before, but I love it so much. I’ve listened to this soundtrack non stop. I also love the cover that Thomas Sanders did of the main song Waving Through a Window – YT LINK – it’s amazing!
– I know there’s ways to watch the whole musical online, so I may check that out soon.
– But basically this musical is about Evan and Conner. It features teen suicide and the power of social media. It’s just amazing, you guys.
– Be sure to check out the Wikipedia page to fill in the gaps between songs. It’ll make it that much better.
THE BOOK OF MORMON
– I’m so late to this. This musical came out years ago. But I just started listening to it in the last few weeks or so.
– It’s amazing and addictive and FUNNY. I laugh so much while listening to it.
– Plus, I just love Josh Gad. So there’s that.
– You guys, this just came to Broadway in the last month or so. But it looks amazing.
– I loved the movie Anastasia so much when I was younger. Dimitri and Bartok, every character is amazing. I can’t wait for the cast recording to come onto iTunes so I can listen to it on repeat.
– Did you think I would forget about this wonderful work?
– I know most people love and adore this musical. SO I won’t go on too much.
– But I do suggest that you check it out.
– My favorite songs are Wait for It, It’s Quiet Uptown, Non-Stop, and Yorktown. I love it all though!
OTHER SONGS I LOVE
- Seasons of Love – Rent
- Don’t Rain on My Parade – Funny Girl – Thanks Glee
- One Day More – Les Miserables
- America – West Side Story
- Sugar Daddy – Hedwig and the Angry Inch
- Cell Block Tango – Chicago
Let me know what other musicals I should check out!
I wish I had all the money to go see these in person! But for now I will fangirl over the soundtracks/cast recordings on iTunes.