Welcome to The Unpopular Opinions Book Tag!
1. A Popular Book or Series That You Didn’t Like
- To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han. With the third book releasing this week, I’m constantly reminded of much I just didn’t like Lara Jean or this book in general. Oops.
2. A Popular Book or Series That Everyone Else Seems To Hate But You Love
- When readers read The Darkest Minds series by Alexandra Bracken today, they usually don’t enjoy it. But I LOVED it. It’s still one of my favorite series and I can’t wait for the movie!
3. A Love Triangle Where The Main Character Ended Up With The Person You Did NOT Want Them To End Up With (Warn People For Spoilers) OR An OTP You Don’t Like
- Is it bad that for the majority of The Selection series by Kerra Cass, I wanted America to be with Aspen. I still don’t even know if I like Maxon at all. Oops.
4. A Popular Book Genre You Hardly Reach For
5. A Popular Or Beloved Character That You Do Not Like
- I don’t know if anybody loves him, but Henry Cheng from The Raven Boys series. I really hate him and the fact that he replaced my sweet Noah. I’m still upset about it.
6. A Popular Author You Can’t Seem To Get Into
- Cassandra Clare. I think I just missed the boat on her books.
7. A Popular Book Trope That You’re Tired Of Seeing (Example: “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
- The funny side character that is comedic relief, is usually a diverse character. While everyone else around them isn’t. I think it’s plainly just called “The black guy comedic relief”. Somebody correct me on that. It annoys me so much.
8. A Popular Series That You Have No Interest In Reading
- The Throne of Glass series. I am hooked on the ACOTAR series, and I just don’t think I could ever get into another SJM series.
9. The saying goes, “The book is always better than the movie,” but what movie or TV show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
- The Hunger Games. I never even finished Catching Fire. I think I got to page 50 or so and gave up. But the movies are amazing!
That’s it for this tag! I feel like everyone has done this tag. But I love how different everyone’s answers are. I love unpopular opinions too.
This is just a great tag and you should try it out!