April 18 – Things that will make me instantly want to read a book
–Be sure to check out http://www.brokeandbookish.com for upcoming and previous Top Ten Tuesdays!-
In no particular order:
- The cover …
- And the title. Sometimes that’s all it takes you guys.
- I’m a sucker for books about ballerinas. I loved the show Bunheads, and was super upset that there’s only one season. I also love Dance Academy which is an Australian show on Netflix. It was really good. I love Dance Moms. Do you see a trend?
- I’m a sucker for books that have a character with anxiety or depression. Or that involves self-harm. For the longest time I never understood why I did it. So reading about it, kind of helped me understand. But I still can’t tell you why I self-harmed for years. Books haven’t been able to explain it too me either. But I like to try.
- Fairy tale Retellings. Simple.
- If certain BookTubers talk about it, with such love, I instantly want to look into that book and see what I think.
- If the main character’s name is Jessica. This never happens. I just want to read about what I would do. lol.
- Royalty. Reading about the different types of royalty that fantasy books have, appeal to me so much.
That’s all I can think of. Sorry guys!