Welcome back to another monthly wrap-up!
Let’s see how I did compared to my original March TBR:
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo – Finished!!!
- Sparrow by L.J. Shen – Finished and Reviewed
- The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness – Haven’t even touched it.
- 3:AM Kisses by Addison Moore – I’m at 12%, and this has been on my TBR for the last two months. So I’m just giving up on it for now.
- Cheater by Rachel Van Dyken – Finished
- Slammed by Colleen Hoover – Currently reading, on page 67.
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon – Finished
- The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West – Finished and Reviewed
So I kind of failed to read all of the books that I wanted too.
I’m also behind on my Goodreads Challenge of reading 100 books this year by 6 books!
But it’s okay guys, I’ll make it.
Anyways, on to the wrap-up!
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon – Goodreads – 4/5 Stars
— This was super super adorable. I only disliked the twist at the end of the book. I just didn’t understand why it was necessary. But I’m hopeful that the movie will be great. Other than that, I loved Maddy and Oliver a lot. They were adorable together. It was just a cute first love story.
Cheater by Rachel Van Dyken – Goodreads – 4/5 Stars
— I really liked this, and I knew I would because I’ve loved every Rachel Van Dyken book that I’ve ever read. It’s about Avery and Lucas. It’s totally cliche in that he’s rich and she’s poor and working as an intern for him. There’s also a ‘let’s fake a relationship’ sort-of thing happening in this book also. It focused on the two main characters a lot. Mainly because the next book is about their best friends getting together. It’s called Cheater because Lucas Thorn has a different girl for every day of the week. Yeah, it’s weird and unrealistic. But it’s honestly just a pull-in or a click bait. It doesn’t focus around that after the first little bit of the book. So you’re totally against it because of that, it isn’t the main focus.
Sparrow by L.J. Shen – Goodreads – 4/5 Stars
— I did a mini review on this (link). This is a New Adult book about Troy and Sparrow and how they end up in a sort-of arranged marriage. I liked the writing and characters the most in this book. The crime-ish aspect was really interesting and definitely drew me in. Troy wasn’t my favorite guy ever, but I really liked Sparrow and her friends.
The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West – Goodreads – 3/5 Stars
–I did a whole review on this (link). I basically compared it to Mean Girls a lot. lol, oops. I did like this, I loved the Fill-In Bradley and his sister. The main character Gia and I did not get along very well at all. I liked the idea of it, but it just fell flat for me. I do plan on reading more Kasie West’s books, cause this was the first book of hers that I’ve read and I am not giving up yet.
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo – Goodreads – 5/5 Stars
– You guys, this was so good. It took me a little bit to get into too. Like till page 150-ish. But I knew that going in, based on other reviews and it being a fantasy world. I loved all of the characters, I seriously can’t pick a favorite one. I’m really upset about the ending. It was kind of clff-hanger-ish, and I have no idea if any of the characters are okay. I hope to do a series review, when I finish the sequel. But that could be a hot minute, lol. I seriously recommend this book if you love a very diverse cast of characters!