Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly tag created by Lainey (Gingerreadslainey on Youtube) over on Goodreads and now being hosted by Sam from Thoughts on Tomes. Every week book lovers write/talk about their particular Top 5 for a topic and post it on blogs and YouTube. Feel free to check out the Goodreads page and join in!
Today’s Topic: January 11 – 2017 Debuts You are Excited For – New Authors in 2017
– I found all of these on a list on Goodreads –Link – So check that out if you want to find more upcoming debuts!
- The Hate U Give – Angie Thomas – Black Live Movement/Shooting – I feel like I’ve heard Booksandlala on YouTube talk about multiple times. This book will hopefully expand my little knowledge on this topic.
- A List of Cages – Robin Roe – About 3 booktubers that I follow have given this book 5 stars, and all I know is that there are difficult topics involved. The Synopsis is very vague too. But I’m excited.
- Sad Perfect – Stephanie Elliot – Eating Disorder/Anxiety/Depression – The girl in this YA Contemporary has Avoidant/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder, which I unfortunately didn’t know was a disorder. So I hope that this expands my knowledge. Plus, on the Goodreads page the author says that her daughter had the disorder, so that’s comforting that it’s not made up or unrealistic.
- The Shadows We Know By Heart – Jennifer Park – What I gather from the synopsis is that it’s a sort of magical realism story with Sasquatch? I’m not sure though? A review said it was a Tarzan retelling with Sasquatch? I mean, I’m intrigued.
- When Dimple Met Rishi – Sandhya Menon – YA Contemporary/Arranged Marriage/POC – I also heard BooksandLala on YouTube talk about this one. It sounds super interesting and I think it’ll be cute and funny. Early reviews make it sound great too!
Thanks for reading!