Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly tag created by Lainey (Gingerreadslainey on Youtube) over on Goodreads and now being hosted by Sam from Thoughts on Tomes. Every week book lovers write/talk about their particular Top 5 for a topic and post it on blogs and YouTube. Feel free to check out the Goodreads page and join in!
Today’s Topic: December 14th – Series That Got Worse with Each Book/Season
– What series started out strong but got increasingly worse with each book?-
Warning: I haven’t read that many series lately, so all of these are probably already way over-talked about, but let’s go. Eek.
- Divergent – Veronica Roth – Main reason why I will never read her new series that is coming out.
- Jane the Virgin – Some people really enjoy this show, but after the first season I just couldn’t keep watching. I think it’s mainly due to the telenovela format/set up of it that got annoying to me after a while. I may get back into it soon though, I really like the variety of characters and kind of miss them. We’ll see.
- That weird Duology after The Selection Series by Kiera Cass. The series ended great. And then this weird addition came along where everything was rushed and dramatized and it was not that great. Enjoyable, but not great.
- Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout – I think I gave the last book two stars and barely got through the prequel book… Oops.
- Between – I believe this is a Netflix original series, and it kept being recommended to me after I finished watching The 100 (which is a show that everyone should watch immediately). But Between was weird, and I only made it to episode 5 (each season only has 6 episodes). The main character is the blonde best friend from iCarly, which was interesting. But this show was weird and I felt like it was trying really hard to be like The 100, and it did not succeed in the slightest.
Thanks for reading, y’all come back soon!