December 6: Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read For The First Time In 2016
Be sure to check out http://www.brokeandbookish.com for upcoming and previous Top Ten Tuesdays!
I read A LOT of New Adult books this year though the Kindle Unlimited service and was introduced to many NA authors. And the topic didn’t say I had to LOVE all of the new authors that I read, so in the spirit of list making, there are some authors that I didn’t like so well on the list also. ENJOY.
In no particular order:
1. Jessica Sorenson – I bought the first book in the Ella and Micha, Callie and Kayden, and Breaking Nova series of hers off of BookOutlet. During their black Friday sale last year, I think. And I started reading them at the beginning of this year. And I really liked these three series, even though each has more books and novellas than are needed and that can get kind of annoying. But I have since read some of her YA novels, and have not enjoyed them at all. I’ve read 27 of her books this year though… So apparently she’s doing something right. (Breaking Nova was my favorite of hers!)
2. Jay Mclean – Another New Adult author that I found through Kindle Unlimited. I really enjoyed her Combative series. It doesn’t have an ending novel yet, that I really need to come out soon! Even though I read 12 books of hers this year, I need this particular one now! Lol.(The More Than series of hers is really well done also.)
3. Rachel Van Dyken – Again, I randomly bought a book of hers off of BookOutlet. But some of hers books are on Kindle Unlimited also. But she puts a comedic twist on her New Adult books that I haven’t seen very often at all. And I really enjoyed that twist. (The Consequence series was my fav of hers!)
4. Cassia Leo – Another New Adult author on Kindle Unlimited. I really liked her books. Solid 3 stars for all 12 books of hers that I read this year. (The Shattered Hearts series of hers was my favorite!)
5. Tess Oliver – I’ve tried to read multiple books of hers and I’ve only managed to finish one and it got 1.5 stars from me. I just can’t get into her books unfortunately. (I was only able to finish Hard Edge.)
That’s all I’ve got. Oops? One day I’ll get to ten in my lists.
Thanks for reading, y’all come back soon!