Welcome to learning more about me. This is what you wanted right? To learn more dumb facts about me? Lol. Enjoy.(:
-I’m in such a sarcastic mood, lately. Highly apologize-
- What was the last book you read?
A Court of Mist and Fury – Sarah J. Maas
- Was it a good one?
Oh yeah. I’m so glad that I finished the first book, because even though ACOTAR was difficult to get though, this second book was ten times better.
- What made it good?
Mainly the new ‘squad’ of characters and the new romance. Because let’s be honest, Tamlin really wasn’t that great in the first book. But Rhys is just amazing.
- Would you recommend it to other people?
Oh yeah, just be prepared for new adult scenes.
- How often do you read?
I try to read every day at least a little bit.
- Do you like to read?
- What was the last bad book you read?
Uhhh, The Opposite of Ordinary by Jessica Sorenson. Now, I love Jessica Sorenson’s new adult books. But, her YA books fall flat sometimes. And this one was really cliché and not great. I gave it 2 stars.
- What made you dislike it?
The side characters were better than the main characters. And it was a weird version of Mean Girls. And it was almost the same as another book of hers Rules of a Rebel and a Shy Girl.
- Do you wish to be a writer?
Not in the slightest.
- Has any book every influenced you greatly?
Oh yeah. Very Great Lives, the Harvard commencement speech that JK Rowling did, hit me really hard.
- Do you read fan fiction?
- Do you write fan fiction?
- What’s your favorite book?
My go-to answer to this has always been Catcher in the Rye. But I’m not 100% sure that’s correct anymore.
- What’s your least favorite book?
The Great Gatsby. I know that’s very uncommon, but we had to read it in school with the worst teacher I have EVER had. And that really affects your opinion of a book.
- Do you prefer physical books or ready on a device (like a kindle)?
Can I answer both?
- When did you learn to read?
- What is your favorite book you had to read in school?
Either Catcher in the Rye, Fellowship of the Ring, or The Outsiders.
- What is your favorite book series?
Either Harry Potter or Percy Jackson. Totally cliché.
- Who is your favorite author?
Oh goodness. I’ma name a few. Colleen Hoover. Jessica Sorenson. Jay McLean. Andrew Smith. Rick Riordan. V.E. Schwab. Yeah, probably a bunch more.
- What is your favorite genre?
I read a lot of contemporary and new adult. So I guess that.
- Who is your favorite character in a book series?
Oh geez. I have no idea.
- Has a book ever transported you somewhere else?
Isn’t that usually the go-to answer that people say when asked why they read?
- Which book do you wish had a sequel?
My go-to answer is probably Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. But maybe that doesn’t need a sequel. Who knows.
- Which book do you wish DIDN’T have a sequel?
I’m not sure; I’m usually all for sequels.
- How long does it take you to read a book?
It varies. There was a point where I was reading one NA book a day through kindle unlimited. But it really depends.
- Do you like when books become movies?
For the most part, yes. But every now and then you’re going to get a Divergent movie that is completely different from the book.
- Which book was ruined by its movie adaptation?
Besides the Divergent series like I just said. There’s always Percy Jackson. Eek!
- Which movie has done a book justice?
I think the HP movies and the Hunger Games movies are really great. I actually never finished reading the Hunger Games series, it got too boring for me. But the movies made me really like the series. Alright, no more GIFs, I pinky swear.
- Do you read newspapers?
In high school, we had to turn in newspaper articles for history class every week. It was horrible busy work that had no point whatsoever. So no, it completely ruined newspapers for me.
30: Do you read magazines?
I used to be subscribed to 17 magazine and the Nickelodeon magazine. But have kind of outgrown that. Lol.
- Do you prefer newspapers or magazines?
Can I say neither?
- Do you read while in bed?
- Do you read while on the toilet?
- Do you read while in the car?
I try, but I get really dizzy on long car rides.
- Do you read while in the bath?
I usually never take a bath, unless I’m sickly. So no.
- Are you a fast reader?
- Are you a slow reader?
Why are we asking the same question, but backwards?
- Where is your favorite place to read?
Usually outside on the back porch. But mainly in bed.
- Is it hard for you to concentrate while you read?
If I’m really into the book, then no. But sometimes I do get distracted easily.
- Do you need a room to be silent while you read?
No, I usually listen to music while I read.
- Who gave you your love for reading?
I guess my grandparents. They were always reading and have a floor to ceiling bookcase in their office. But there was also my mom’s best friend when I was little that was really into reading. So all of the above?
- What book is next on your list to read?
The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski
- When did you start to read chapter books?
I guess around 4th grade?
- Who is your favorite children’s book author?
- Which author would you most want to interview?
I’ve never thought about it really.
- Which author do you think you’d be friends with?
I haven’t really thought about this either…
- What book have you reread the most?
It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover. 4 times. Good Job Jessica. -highfive-
- Which books do you consider “classics”?
Well, like Austen or Bradbury, stuff like that. Books that are mentioned in Gilmore Girls episodes? Ha.
- Which books do you think should be taught in every school?
I liked most of the books we had to read in high school. The books that if you read them by yourself, then you might not understand the underlying theme should definitely be taught. Like how Fahrenheit 451 has a theme of censorship. If you read it by yourself at 14, you might not get that theme that is important to learn. If that made any sense whatsoever.
- Which books should be banned from all schools?
I loved Banned Books Week that a lot of people participate in. But if we had to pick, I guess stuff like 50 Shades shouldn’t be in schools.
AND WE’RE DONE! -brokemynomoregifspinkyswear-
Thanks for reading and learning more about me!
We all know it’s what you really wanted..